Tuesday 6 September 2016

Depression slayer in the making

So this is me. I am a mum, a wife, a Chrstian, a neurologiacal stroke victim and a battler of depression.

There, i've said it ( therapy over ! )

I recently suffered a neurological stroke which has left me with a weakness on the left hand side of my body. This in itself could give me plenty of material to write about on here, but I want most of all to vent my very personal journey with the black dog that is depression. There are a few people who have dared to admit that they have enountered this black dog at some time in their own lives, in the media, or know of someone who has.
 
But I have come to a stage in my life where I need a chance to talk, need an opportunity to tell my story, in order to help me deal with my depression..

I hope that maybe me being honest and open might just selfishly help me through the particular depressive episode that I am going through at the moment. But most of all, I would wish that the words that I write, although difficult for me to write and for people to read, might in some way help someone else ......

So this is me, depression slayer in the making !!!.

1 comment:

The Captain said...

Depression is so cruel and can come on for no discernable reason. I'm glad you've (hopefully) found an outlet to express those feelings. I like to think of blogging as free therapy. :)